Jam Tarts - Mala's Fruit Products
30 October 2020 | Posted By Mala's
Easy Jam Tarts
The lockdown has made us all into bakers! And rightly so. If you crave something and it’s not readily available, you might as well make it yourself. And we are all for experimenting in the kitchen.
Baking can be daunting for those who are doing it for the first time. So, it’s always better to start with an easy recipe which is fail-proof. And our Jam tarts recipe will not disappoint.
It has only 4 ingredients. All you need to do is knead the tart dough, pop it in the oven. The prep only takes 10 minutes and baking takes 20 minutes. Within half an hour you have crunchy and sweet jam tarts ready. Then you have to load it with Mala’s delicious High Fruit Jams and devour these tasty treats!
What’s best about these tarts is that the fruit chunks in Mala’s High Fruit Jams adds to the texture and enhances the flavour further. These Jam tarts are difficult to resist. They are treats which will make you feel like a child again.
Frankie: Ingredients (makes 4):
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 5 tbsp Mala’s Mango High Fruit Jam
- 5 tbsp Mala’s Pineapple High Fruit Jam
1. In a big dish, add the wheat flour and the cold butter. Break down the butter with your fingers and combine with the flours.
2. Once the butter and flour are combined, slowly add water little by little into the mixture.
3. Knead into a stiff dough
4. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut out round shapes using a round cookie cutter or a steel lid.
5. Press the dough rounds into the tart mould with your hand.
6. Poke some holes into the dough with a fork.
7. Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. You will get nice and crisp tart cups. Let them cool on a wire rack.
9. Then spoon in one tbsp of Mala’s high fruit pineapple and mango jam into each tart. And serve!
Do try this recipe and share photos of your creation on Instagram and Facebook. Don’t forget to tag us @malasfruitproducts!